Welcome back to this ridiculous series where I create Pokémon teams for the ludicrous number of characters in this game I really enjoyed, because that is a thing I do now I guess??
The game’s called “Three Houses” so obviously there need to be three houses, and number two are the Blue Lions, from Faerghus, a kingdom in the northwest part of the continent that broke away from the southern Empire long ago and are now its major rival/frenemy.
Dimitri Alexandre Blaiddyd
- Future King of Fantasy Prussia
- Although going by his name he might be half-Greek and half-Welsh
- Parents and several of his closest friends were killed a few years ago in a terrorist attack by a neighbouring allied country
- Kinda fµ¢£ed him up a bit
- As, y’know, any one of us might reasonably be fµ¢£ed up by that
- Dutiful, loyal, kind, cares a lot about growing up to be a worthy king
- Believes in protecting the weak from oppression
- Wants classmates to treat him as an equal rather than a king, which not all of them can realistically do
- Struggles to balance moral abhorrence toward violence with seething desire for blood-soaked vengeance
- He is perfect and I love him
Favoured types: Ice, Ghost, Fighting
Vengeance for the dead is an important theme in Dimitri’s story, as is fighting for a cause, which Fighting-types value. Ice because he’s from a cold part of the world and dislikes hot climates.
Disfavoured types: Fire, Dark, Poison
Dimitri values honour highly and won’t stoop to the methods of Dark and Poison Pokémon. Fire as an opposite to Ice, and because he acts as a foil to Edelgard.
My reasons for picking Kyurem as Dimitri’s partner are mostly related to the second half of his story, which I’m not going to explain. Kyurem is a legendary Pokémon, so appropriate for one of the house leaders. It represents emptiness and brokenness, and also has kind of a savage reputation.
Other Pokémon: Banette, Froslass, Sandslash (Alolan), Primeape, Hitmonlee
Banette and Froslass because Dimitri has a lot of vengeful ghosts in his life, and it’s unclear how literal that statement is. In a fight he likes to get up close and skewer enemies with a spear; Alolan Sandslash feels like a particularly good fit with its icy spines, while Hitmonlee and Primeape are both powerful melee fighters who also provide a contrast between discipline and boiling rage.Continue reading “Pokémon Trainers of Fire Emblem: Three Houses (Part 2: Blue Lions)”